The People of Enugu State seem to have waited with baited breath, wondering where the voice of the irrepressible Udi went, listening for the earth shaking footsteps of the Elephants, for which Udi is known. As if to give answers to the strained ears of the masses, the 12th of May, 2021, bore witness to the long awaited decision of the Local Government led by Chief Honourable Pascal Ifeanyi Agu, the Executive Chairman of Udi Local Government Council.
Recall that Udi Local Government, is one of the 17 local governments in Enugu State, and one of the five local governments in the Enugu West Senatorial division of Enugu State.
Udi is the local government of the immediate past governor of Enugu State, Barr. Sullivan Chime; the home of many national and state government officials, and as such a loud name in Enugu State Politics.
However, they are noted for their usual thunderous voice of historical unison and unwavering oneness, and in this voice Udi came together as one to pass a vote of confidence to Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, the Executive Governor of Enugu State, giving him unalloyed support.
The communique released after the meeting on the 12th of May, 2021 is written below:
THE COMMUNIQUE ISSUED BY UDI PEOPLE AFTER AN EXTRAORDINARY STAKEHOLDERS’ MEETING OF PARTY CHIEFTAINS ACROSS PARTY DIVIDES, MARKET ASSOCIATIONS, YOUTH & LEADERS OF THOUGHTS HELD AT DE-ANGELO HOTEL ON THIS DAY, THE 12TH OF MAY, 2021.
The Udi People after an extensive consideration, analysis and holistic appreciation of many developmental strides of His Excellency the Rt. Hon Ifeanyi Lawrence Ugwuanyi in Enugu State of which Udi is an integral part, as well as assaying the political climate in the state vis-a-vis the prevailing comparatively relative peace in our State, thereby reached the following resolutions;
– That Udi People are satisfied with the level of investments in infrastructures and human capital development which His Excellency has afforded us.
– That the prevalent PEACE in Enugu State is a manifest testimony which points to the overwhelming acceptability of His Excellency’s Leadership credentials.
– Consequent upon the foregoing, we therefore pledge our total and unalloyed support, as well as loyalty to His Excellency’s administration and decisions going forward.
– That we equally align ourselves with the principles of Zoning and Rotation of the Governorship position in Enugu State which has brought sustainable peace and stability in our polity.
– That we uphold that it is the turn of Enugu East Senatorial Zone to present a candidate for the office of the Governor come 2023.
– We also resolved and passed a vote of confidence on the Executive Chairman of Udi Local Government for the numerous developmental projects he is delivering which include but not limited to the following: Development of 9th mile Modern Market, Implementation of One Ward – One Road, Grading Policy Construction of 3.4 kilometer Umuaga – Umuabi Link Road, Construction of 1.7 Kilometer Road in Obinagu named Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Crescent to attest to the evident love of our Governor to Ndi Udi, The on-going construction of Mini Stadium with the attached Pavilion at the Council Headquarter, The on-going street naming to immortalize our past and present heros like Chief C.C. Onoh, Dr. Simon Onwu, Justice Daddy Onyeama, Justice Nnaemeka Agu and others, the successful 1st Udi Local Government Economic Summit.
SIGNED: By all the relevant Stakeholders of Udi whose pictures are hereby affixed.